March 19, 2013

Recipe: Jannsen's Favorite Lasanga


While on Spring Break visiting a friend and her family in Oklahoma I read a recipe in Jannsen's blog, Everyday Reading. (Yes, I know I should be working on that Pinterest challenge. Hopefully I'll be playing catch up with that soon.) Since I wasn't working I thought to myself, "Hey! I could actually try out this recipe!" All too often do I see a recipe that I think would be good, but I don't try it because it's not something that can be made in 30 minutes.

This lasagna coupled with a salad and garlic bread fed six adults and one child with leftovers. I only made a couple of changes to the recipe.

1) I used ground turkey instead of hamburger. 

2) I didn't use any garlic salt per my friend's suggestion. 

3) I put some of the mozzarella cheese on top. Which I later learned left some water on the top of the sauce. It was okay though after a couple of napkins I sopped up that water and it still tasted pretty good.

I also learned that you can use seemingly strange ingredients, like cottage cheese and tomato soup, in a lasagna recipe and it tasted pretty good! In fact this lasagna was a real crowd pleaser all around. I can see why this lasagna was Jannsen's favorite. When I told the husband that I had made this lasagna with cottage cheese instead of ricotta his first  reaction was, "Uggh." I told him, "I know! But it was really good!" 

I have to warn you that this was not a throw together recipe. It took time to make the sauce, cook the noodles, put it together, and bake it. But, if you want to feed a crowd this is a pretty great recipe to go with. Everyone who tried it enjoyed it. 


You can find the recipe at Everyday Reading titled "Dinner is Served: My Favorite Lasagna." 



1 comment:

Janssen said...

I'm so glad you and your family liked it! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...