September 16, 2013

Books On My Nightstand: September Edition


One of the things that will surely happen once the school year starts up is that the first few weeks are a blur. This week, I'm glad to say, I feel pretty good despite getting quite a bit of pregnancy insomnia. I told John that I need to charge up my Nook so that when it's 2:30 AM and I can't sleep I can get some reading done. (It's charging right now, actually.) I feel like such a nerd when I say that it also makes me look forward, not just to laying awake at night, but towards night feedings with my little guy once he's here.

Okay, enough talk, here's what's on my nightstand this month. (Not pictured is What to Expect When You're Expecting. That thing won't disappear from my nightstand until this baby is out of my womb.)



Purity by Jackson Pearce - Shelby's mother died when she was young, and before she passed away she asked Shelby to keep three promises: to listen to her father, to love as much as possible, and to live without restraint. Shelby's need to keep these promises clashes with the Princess Ball where she will pledge her purity to her father. Shelby embarks on a mission to try and follow all these rules and still get what she wants. Like a lot of my books I've had Purity sitting and waiting to be read for quite a while. It's a pretty short read and it really intrigues me where Jackson will go with the story. What will Shelby finally learn, if anything, at the end of it all?

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - This novel I had to order from my local Barnes and Noble. Even though the catalog said the book should have been in the store it wasn't. When I got the phone call John and I made a date of eating out with friends and hitting the bookstore. Even though I went a little back and forth on the first novel I ended up loving the novellas and the ending of Throne of Glass. Now I can't wait to see what happens next. It's kicked Purity to the back burner for a bit while I read up on what's happening next for Celaena.

What's on everyone else's nightstand?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...